A Letter to our COMTREA Familytrea
We are excited to share the news with you of our merger with Compass Health Network on July 1, 2023. This merger brings together the best of two excellent organization with expanded services, more access points for care and more support for your care team.
There are several things that will not change.
• Our fee structure may have some minor changes but nominal fee remains the same.
• The services we have provided to you in the past will continue.
We will continue to operate from our current offices. All the contact information for us will remain the same, except our email addresses will change at some point in the future.
We share the same mission, values and commitment to delivering care with compassion, dignity and respect. We truly are stronger together. Like COMTREA, Compass is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Organization, Community Mental Health Center and a Federally Qualified Health Center. This merger will bring additional services to Jefferson County including a new integrated medical center in the Festus/Crystal City area, additional dental clinics, a Behavioral Health Crisis Center, additional access points for care and an inpatient substance use treatment location.
Our commitment to serving patients is as strong as ever and this partnership will increase our capacity serve more patients. Thank you for your continued support and partnership in meeting the healthcare needs of you, your family and community. We look forward to a very bright future.
For additional information, please check out the FAQ at our website, comtrea.org/compass.
Two Great Agencies Become One To Better Serve You | FAQ Sheet
THE MERGER – A FEW QUESTIONS:
1. Why did COMTREA Health Center merge with Compass Health Network?
COMTREA and Compass Health Network share a vision of improving the way health care needs are addressed by offering timely, high-quality, comprehensive care with an exceptional patient experience. This newly merged organization will offer patients a seamless experience across a full spectrum of primary care, dental and behavioral health programs. With our combined efforts, our goal is to make more services available to more patients within our communities.
2. How will this merger benefit me?
• Access to a broad network of high-quality health care providers
• Access to additional behavioral health programs
• Access to services from additional clinical locations – please visit www.compasshealthnetwork.org to explore all current locations.
• Improved efficiency
3. Will COMTREA have a new name?
Yes, Compass Health Network. In time, new logo signs will be installed at all COMTREA locations. You will also begin to notice employees wearing name badges with the Compass Health Network logo. While our name and logo may change, you will receive the same great service you’ve come to expect from COMTREA.
4. Who is Compass Health Network?
Compass Health Network is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Certified Community Behavioral Health Organization (CCBHO) serving 45 counties across mid Missouri and growing with the COMTREA merger. Compass Health Network is the product of several merged entities with the founding agency being incorporated in 1975.
5. What services does Compass Health Network provide?
Please visit www.compasshealthnetwork.org for details.
IMPACT ON MY CARE
6. Will my providers and care team remain the same?
Yes. Continuity of care is our priority; your providers (primary care provider, dentist, therapist, etc.) and care team will remain the same.
7. Will Family Health Center’s clinical locations close?
Compass Health Network will continue to operate all existing COMTREA service locations. Our goal is to make services more accessible in our communities.
8. Who do I call now to make appointments?
For now, you will continue to call the same phone number to schedule your appointments.
9. Will providers from COMTREA and Compass Health Network use one electronic health record?
Your medical records will remain with COMTREA. Soon, we will adopt one electronic health record platform for all patients. This will make sharing information between our providers even easier and ensure that, regardless of the number of providers you see, there will be one coordinated chart. This change will be seamless and will not interrupt your care or change your documented medical history.
10. Why does my statement look different?
In time, you will notice the Compass Health Network logo on your billing statements. There will be phone numbers provided to you on your billing statements; please call to discuss any concerns or to ask questions.
11. Will my insurance be accepted by Compass Health Network?
Yes. Compass accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and most commercial insurance carriers.
12. I do not have insurance. Will I still receive a discount on my services?
Yes. Compass Health Network offers a similar sliding fee discount program which provides a discount to services based on income and family size.
13. What if I have other questions not listed here?