1. Heroin - popular street names include smack, skag, and junk. The rapid addictive nature and propensity to overdose make it the most deadly and, thus deadly, drug in our county.
2. Methamphetamine – meth – This highly addictive drug is responsible for the restructuring of the brain and thus is extremely dangerous.
3. Cocaine - often referred to as snow, flake, coke, and blow. Its danger comes from its addictive nature and medical dangers to the body.
4. Barbiturates - popular slang names include yellow jackets, reds, blues, Amy's, and rainbows. These drugs are prone to overdose in addition to their addictive nature and potential to overdose and death.
5. Street Methadone. – just like Heroin in regard to danger.
6. Alcohol. The most dangerous of the legal drugs leading to medical issues as well as drunk driving and interpersonal problems.
7. Ketamine - a powerful hallucinogen.
8. Benzodiazepines - a family of sedative drugs whose effects can result in death.
9. Amphetamines - known as greenies among baseball players. Especially dangerous to the heart and central nervous system.
10. Tobacco. The leading cause of cancer; it is also the “gateway drug” to all the others.
11. Buprenorphine - also called bupe or subbies.
12. Cannabis - includes marijuana. While some physical issues are possible, the legal implications are the most dangerous potential results of its use.
13. Solvents - volatile substances that can be inhaled, such as glue, nail polish remover, paints, hair spray, and lighter fuel (gas). These can burn one’s sinuses and brain.
14. amphetamine and has similar effects to ecstasy.
15. LSD. This widely used hallucinogenic drug can result in emotionally charged states.
16. Methylphenidate - central nervous system stimulant, commonly sold as ritalin.
17. Anabolic steroids.
18. GHB - short for Gamma hydroxybutyrate, a powerful central nervous system depressant, most commonly known as the date rape drug.
20. Alkyl nitrates - group of drugs commonly referred to as poppers.
21. Khat - an amphetamine-like stimulant.